So much drama.

Welcome to the whimsical and fantastical world of moi. A Media Assistant by day and a superhero by night. I have an affinity for brooding vampires and unique ideas.

Here you will find no answers, only more questions. I like to think of this as an epiphany in progress.





Friday, September 10, 2010

Do you have The X Factor?



In short, yes I do. But this isn't about my resounding amazingness or a kick arse Lauryn Hill song. No, this is about yet another reality TV show to hit Australian screens that promises the world to its contestants. New to Channel Seven, The X Factor seeks out talented (and in most cases, not so talented) individuals and groups who possess the ability to hold a note and carry a tune. That was somewhat cruel of me; some of the contestants are actually extremely talented but my issue lies in the lack of success post production. I am of course referring to the infamous ‘Australian Idol Curse’ which I have just come up with. This curse sees Australian audiences fall in love with the young girl from an outback community who lost her kitten to dingoes. We fall in love with her story, her personality, even her looks and of course her voice. She is the only thing on our minds and we get excited about buying her CD if she wins. That is until the final curtain falls and the networks promos aren’t pushing her image down our throats anymore.

Unlike Australian Idol however, The X Factor judges are guaranteeing success, yes because they aren’t washed up at all. We have Guy Sebastian whose success is as fleeting as his music (though he is a cool kid at times). We have Kyle Sandilands who is Idol alum. Natalie Imbruglia who hasn’t had a successful career in years and doesn’t even reside in Australia anymore and Ronan Keating, the only one I’m truly fond of and that is because he is aging ridiculously well and is Irish.

So that was my opinion of this show. That is until I happened to catch the tail end of an encore episode this morning and you’ll never guess, unless you yourself have seen it also who is going to be mentoring the contestants. We have Richard Branson, Boy Zone, Usher, Kelly Rowland and the one and only SNOOP D-O-G-G! I have never looked so forward to watching bad television if only to hear the Big Boss speak.
I think we need to ponder how much Channel Seven and Freemantle Media are paying him to be apart of the show...and how we can get in on that action.
Peace,
Moi

No comments:

Post a Comment